Handy Image

Shows just fullsize Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites

< Feedback on Handy Image

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2014-10-28

Can not add script to Greasemonkey

I just installed Greasemonkey 0.9.22 (Pale Moon user), added a few scripts from Greasy Fork without problems but when i click "Install this script" for Handy Image, it just opens txt of the script, instead of offering to install. Help?

wOxxOmMod
§
Edited: 2014-10-28

Looks like a GM+Palemoon combo issue.
Or on a slim chance a greasyfork site issue.
But it's definitely not a HandyImage issue because the script isn't executed when you click Install.

• Try updating GM to 2.3 beta, it might have accidentally improved PaleMoon compatibility.
  • Or install the script manually - copy all the code with Ctrl-C, go to Greasemonkey menu, click New script, click From clipboard.
  • Or downgrade to 2.0.19 - see this.
OwynAuthor
§

And also keep in mind that officially only Chrome and Firefox are supported as it is written in script's description with those big icons, so no wonder if it might not work in other browsers :-)

it just opens txt of the script, instead of offering to install.

And it can't really have much to do with the script itself, cuz script doesn't come in action untill it is installed (or at least prompted to be installed - then it checks syntax of the script at that time - but not before).

§
Posted: 2014-10-31

I did a few shutdowns and restarts and now came back to this thread and clicked on install, and there, it installs now without a problem and works like expected.
Quite strange since i have no idea what (if anything) changed (no updates in the meantime).
Anyway thank you both for prompt suggestions! :)

§
Posted: 2015-06-19

You might want to edit the "bad" rating then.

Sign in to post a reply.