Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Additional Info not Pulling from USO

§
Posted: 2014-03-10
Edited: 2014-03-10

Additional Info not Pulling from USO

Hi, I just found out about this site through the latest tampermonkey development changelog. I pulled my scripts from USO but the additional info didn't pull. Is this suppose to happen? I tried to edit the additional but it says i need to update my script to do so?

§

It does not currently pull the additional info (or anything outside of the script itself) from userscripts.org. This is filed as https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/greasyfork/issues/44

Not sure what you mean by "need to update my script". The closest thing I can think of is that you must increment your @version if you change your code.

§

It wont let me post additional info unless i change my code. I just dont get why it has to be like that? I can just copy and paste my stuff from USO but why do i have to change versions when nothing in the script is being changed?

§

I just tried locally and I don't see that issue. Which script are you trying to update, and what exactly is it saying?

§

It says my script version is the same. Im not trying to update the script im just trying to fill in additional info like my info for Monster Twitch (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/179223), I have a lot of info on that page. It kind of explains a lot of stuff as well as my changelog.

§

I saw there was a checkbox marked "Save anyway" so i clicked it and it worked this time. Its just a little bit weird, shouldn't those two sections be independent of each other?

§

OK, I'll test it out.

§
OK, I'll test it out.

Thank you Jason! :)

§

It wasn't related to the additional info.

When the code was imported, it contained line feeds (\n) as the new line separator; when you saved it with your browser, it contained carriage returns and line feeds (\r\n). So the code did change, just in a way that's hard to notice.

I'm unsure whether changing from \n to \r\n could possibly change how a script works, so I'm hesitant to put in a workaround.

§

Oh wow, could the fact that I use chrome on mac have anything to do with it?

§

Could be. Did you submit it to userscripts.org with the same browser? Or maybe USO converts it.

§

Yes, I created and submitted through the same browser. That might be why.

§
Posted: 2014-03-11

@JasonBarnabe Updating the scripts source and additional info on the same page mite be confusing to some people. Is there a reason they need to stay on the same page? Just wondering.

§
Posted: 2014-03-11

No reason that they need to be on the same page. It seemed more useful to have them together.

Sign in to post a reply.