Handy Image

Shows just fullsize Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites

< Feedback on Handy Image

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-05-21

UX request: Bind "x" to close the tab

Hi Owyn,
I use Vimium/cVim with all of my web browsers and it allows you to control most of the web browser's features with your keyboard. HandyImage disables it because it implements its own event listeners. It's not really an issue except that HI doesn't have a quick way to close the current tab. Could you please add "x" event listener and make it close the tab? Many other extensions also allow you to close the tab this way. Easier than using Ctrl+w combo.
Thanks! :)

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-05-21
Edited: 2017-05-21

I use autohotkey macros to bind additional hotkeys for switch\closing tabs.

While Vimium is a browser extension, Handy Image is just a script, it can not close windows cause browser restricts it as far as I know.

Plus implementing multiple event listeners don't affect each other unless they handle the key and specify it not to be forwarded further (Handy Image script doesn't handle "X" key anyhow), if listener gets broken It firtly might be due to poor implementation (not attaching it to "document" element, but to its children for example which get replaced by this script)

You might want to report this to Vimium author to see if maybe he can fix this: https://github.com/philc/vimium/issues

Sign in to post a reply.