Handy Image

Shows just fullsize Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites

< Feedback on Handy Image

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2015-01-23

Add: and problem with http://sxpics.nl

Add: http://sxpix.nl/img-54bb06213c008.html
Problem: http://sxpics.nl/img-5145d1ff108e8.html
It doesn't seem to work correctly like 20% of the time.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-01-24
Edited: 2015-01-24

added, can't reproduce problem with firefox. does console says anything? ( F12 )
or are there other userscripts\extensions running on that page?

§

Not sure what you mean by console or how to open it up, but no other userscripts are running at the same time, and no firefox extensions seem to be messing with the script. It only seems to be happening the pictures from that site, all others work perfectly. Thanks for your great script bty and that you update frequently.

OwynAuthor
§

you can open console by pressing F12

§
Posted: 2015-01-25

console says:
"you have found a time machine, now you are traveling back in history" HandyImage.user.js:773
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-01-25
Edited: 2015-01-25

it's a problem in backhelper which helps skip double-pages when you hit "back" button in browser history, on exiting image page by any mean it sets 3 sec period in which next page load will trigger going back in browser history by 1 page back, - people requested this.

do you happen to rapidly open & close image pages within 3 sec?

I changed this value to 2 sec in new version, hope people with internet loading pages slower han than 2 sec but not more than 3 sec wouldn't mind.
See if it helps, alternatively you could just open all images at once and then close em one by one when you've already looked at them, not one at a time.

§
Posted: 2015-01-26

ya i open lots of pages quickly but it still happens when i go slowly sometimes. No i don't keep opening and closing them thought. I also do open all images at once and then close em one by one until i've already looked at them, its just some of them still don't open correctly so i just refresh the page until it does.

just updated to the newest version and it seems to happen less now but it still happens, and i have pretty fast internet:
Download speed: 58Mbps
Upload speed: 65Mbps

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-01-26
Edited: 2015-01-26

Reloading pages shouldn't cause this as long as you use hotkeys for it (F5 or ctrl+R),
... when this was made it was thought that nobody was gonna use little reload icon button in browsers, only hotkeys...

+it shouldn't open images incorrectly at all, how does that happen and what do you mean by that? (what does console says or element inspector (right click on incorrect image -> inspect)?

§
Posted: 2015-01-27

no reloading pages is fine and i do use hotkeys

console still says:
"you have found a time machine, now you are traveling back in history" HandyImage.user.js:773
Use of getPreventDefault() is deprecated. Use defaultPrevented instead.

i'll just get use to going slower opening alot of tabs at once, now that all the first ones open correctly at least

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-01-27

using a hotkey disables backhelper so after hotkey for reloading page nothing bad should happen

and opening pages has nothing to do with it, only closing pages and then opening again quickly

are you sure it happens just if you open many pages at once and nothing more (no page closing) ? if so then it might be a problem in 3rd party script\extension which forces reloading of images pages or something

§
Posted: 2015-01-28

disabled all scripts and extensions except for greasemonkey with handy image and it still happened but only 1 page and i started to close some before the ones at the end were done

then tried again with all scripts and extensions back on letting them all load with extra time and all were fine. So i'll just give them extra time for now hope this fixes the my problem

Sign in to post a reply.