Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Search result sorting

§
Posted: 2018-11-07

Search result sorting

I've noticed that my script (https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/370418-ppixiv) sorts way to the bottom when searching for the site it's for ("pixiv"). I think it's because it the keyword "Pixiv" is in the description but not the title, and it looks like the site always sorts title keyword matches above description keyword matches.

That means my script will always be buried. I'm pretty sure if I change the name of my script (to eg. "ppixiv for Pixiv"), it'll be treated as a new script and probably either not update or trigger confirmation for everyone (or worse, install two copies). I tried it locally and TamperMonkey was treating it as an entirely new script.

It might help if the search matched @include directives, and treated them like @name matches, so if you search for "website", results are ranked equally whether they have "website.com" in the title or in an @include.

wOxxOmMod
§
Posted: 2018-11-07

You can change the name of the script, I've done it several times here and Tampermonkey was smart enough to see it as the same script. As for other script managers, no one complained, but I would consider it a bug if they lost the connection. The local script has installURL/updateURL that identifies the script regardless of its name or namespace. Even if the script name has changed thus changing its URL, GreasyFork automatically redirects to the new URL by using the numeric script id embedded in the URL.

Sign in to post a reply.