Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I only want the "uncropped thumbnails" feature

About: Twitter - clickable links to images and show uncropped thumbnails

Is it possible to create a script just to show uncropped thumbnails? Because this script did not work well with TwitterImg Downloader.

Comments

• I'm already thinking about offing an "aggressive" variant of the script - does more (e.g.: unwrapping multi-image posts) - but has more negative side-effects (e.g.: rougher endless scrolling)...

...this request would lead to a third version...

...I'm not really planning to maintain x different variants if it can be avoided...

-> What exactly does TwitterImg more/differently? Button vs right-click Save? button vs CTRL-S?
    -> Is it the display or download of (orig) image in the modal overlay (instead of having to open the image in a new tab)?

• The problem is:
    Typically, the filenames saved by TwitterImg are like "NASA 1160214093615312896_p0.jpg"
    (Source:

)
    But with your script enabled, the filename becomes: "https_ pbs.twimg.com_pNaN.jpg"
    The only solution is to maximize the image.

• so if you zoom the image (trigger the modal overlay) by left-clicking on the thumbnail - then the TwitterImg script still works?

• @marp said:
    so if you zoom the image (trigger the modal overlay) by left-clicking on the thumbnail - then the TwitterImg script still works?

Yes, still works. But this is kinda uncovenient sometimes.

• At the same time, I do like to be able to save full images from the stream as well as to be able to open them in new tabs...
    3 clicks (+open overlay and + close overlay) instead of one click to save images via TwitterImg... good enough...

That said, you can disable the image link capability yourself, if you want:
    -> comment out the following line in my script:
    -> " singlenode.href = imgurl.href;"
    This should allow the TwitterImg script to function as before, again.
    => However, be aware that this will stop this script from auto-updating...
    (same as with TwitterImg if you should change its naming schema)

Please let me know if this should NOT make TwitterImg work as before...

• Sorry, but in what position should I add this line?

• Not add - but disable it by making it into a comment (add // at beginning of line)
    For current v2.2.0 it is line 91.