Booru Revamped

This adds a couple of changes to the layout and behaviour of the site

< Feedback on Booru Revamped

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2019-09-16
Edited: 2019-09-20

New Update :: Less Stable [Fixed in 0.8.8]

The earlier versions did a lot better (on Chrome at least). I have enough knowledge of JavaScript to remove the "open in new tab feature". That feature is kinda redundant to people who know how to middle click, and actually removes options instead of being good.

For the updated res preview on the post list, that is a significant step down from previous versions. For one, images are no longer bound inside their actual box, so they start overlapping once the image gets swapped out. This is cause you forgot to add max-width to the style. For second, the split second between swapping out to the higher res version results in a cascade effect as it loads. This could be helped and not be as significant if you involved some sort of timer, or if you wanna take the extra step apply a min-width to the div based on the previous width before you swap out the image.

From what I can tell, the ad blocking feature isn't perfect, and the open details page section provides less viewing options. Before when you clicked an image, it always opened up the original, highest res, version. This means if you have it so your Gelbooru profile only shows the sample size by default, you could move up to seeing the highest res by clicking the image. Now, however, it just opens the image you're currently looking at. It's the same as just dragging the image to the tab list. So, you have less options, but an easier way to do the one option.

I quite preferred the earlier version, before September 15th, but am too dumb to actually recreate it from the current version...

§
Posted: 2019-09-19

Thanks for your valid criticism. As for the middle mouse button function, I have a new mouse that doesnt support that (Logitech Anywhere), that's why I built it in. Im going to provide a boolean you can set to turn off that feature. As for the other points, I will be looking into them.

§
Posted: 2019-09-19

Timers are usually not recommended to use so I solved it another way. The latest update 0.8.8 should be more like what the previous version was. If enough people don't want the "open in new tab" I will default the boolean to false. Let me know what you think.

§
Posted: 2019-09-20

Yey! I tried spending a whole day to get it to where it is now in 0.8.8, but I know nothing about JavaScript, so even the owner of Gelbooru was trying to help me figure out how to get it to work. Only thing we got right was the max-width thing. It is immensely improved now.

§
Posted: 2019-09-21

Well I hope you didn't tell the owner of the site about this userscript or he might not like the 'hide ads' feature haha. As for your other points raised in the initial post, I have addressed some of them in the latest updates 0.8.9 and 0.9.0, you might want to check those out if you haven't yet. Cheers

Sign in to post a reply.