Discussions » Creation Requests

Youtube (New Version) Unstick Header?

§
Posted: 2020-06-17

Youtube (New Version) Unstick Header?

Hello, I know nothing about editing CSS or I'd do it myself but sadly I don't know how. The new version of youtube was officially forced on all its users today and this is the biggest thing I can't find a replacement for. I just want the header/search bar to stay at the top when I scroll down instead of being stickied to the top of the page.

I would also love a script that makes videos in theater-mode take up the full width of the screen but I'm assuming that would be more difficult to do.

§
Posted: 2020-06-21
Edited: 2020-06-21

1st one implemented in "Youtube polymer engine fixes" in version 0.4 (uploaded today) if i understood what you want correctly.

§

About 2nd: it's possible to do, but it will lead to possible offscreen positioning of video controls because vide height will be scaled accordingly and controls are at the bottom of player.

q1k
§

@ketos said: Hello, I know nothing about editing CSS or I'd do it myself but sadly I don't know how. The new version of youtube was officially forced on all its users today and this is the biggest thing I can't find a replacement for. I just want the header/search bar to stay at the top when I scroll down instead of being stickied to the top of the page.

I would also love a script that makes videos in theater-mode take up the full width of the screen but I'm assuming that would be more difficult to do.

You can still get the good classic layout back by installing a user-agent switcher extension, then make a rule for youtube only and set it to googlebot

Sign in to post a reply.