Rule34Hentai Improved

Fixes stuff, adds like/favorite/Mark-as-read under images, highlights animated, makes the site more compact, etc.

< Feedback on Rule34Hentai Improved

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2020-06-10

Great Script!

Is it possible to do something similar to what reddit does? Reddit has the ability to hide posts once they have been upvoted.

Is this possible for this site? To hide posts that have been favourited or atleast dim the images.

HentiedupAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-06-28

Unlike favorites, it doesn't seem like there's any easy way to check if a given post has been liked by a given user. That's also why there are 2 separate buttons for like/dislike and you can press either regardless of whether or not you have already liked/disliked it.

So I can't really make the system you suggest with likes.
I could make it with favorites, but I feel like likes/dislikes makes much more sense, as you would probably want to hide pretty much all posts you have voted on either way.

That or I COULD just make a separate system so you could mark posts as seen and hide those, but then that system would have to store that data locally. Then if you wiped browser-data/browsed from another computer etc. that data would be lost/not available.
Although, that's exactly how I made a similar feature for my NHentai script...

I do have some idea how it MIGHT be possible using just the likes/dislikes, but that involves some really hacky methods that I'm not really sure are worth my time at this point.

I'll keep all this in mind though...

HentiedupAuthor
§
Posted: 2020-06-29

So I decided to put in the feature as I did it in the NHentai script.
So yeah, you can now mark (automatically if you so wish) posts as seen. The system is separate from likes and the data is stored locally.

Sign in to post a reply.