FetLife ASL Search (Reborn Edition)

Allows you to search for FetLife profiles based on age, sex, location, and role.

< Feedback on FetLife ASL Search (Reborn Edition)

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2020-01-25
Edited: 2020-01-25

Perfectly Useless

This is about as useful as a marzipan dildo. Do a search and nothing comes up, the ones that do are so out of date the users of the profile are very possibly dead and the script producer has the same communication skills as the last developer. Non existent. Yeah I know they don't have to do a script and if you don't wanna do one, fine but don't say you're gonna do something then just pump out an endless list of excuses as to why it's useless.

Ornias1993Author
§
Posted: 2020-02-18

I'm sorry for your experience. To be clear: Most of the current issues are due to the old database (google docs, for some stupid reason, no my choice) and hosting choices. Thats simply not something I can fix...

However: I can assure you those profiles can't be that old, simply because the scraping data is at most a year old now... ;)

The current version server side (that is causing the issues) has already been completely (like 80-90%) rewritten from scratch (See the PR for the new code), but said big update is just not launched/hosted yet.

In any case: All bug reports needs to be reproducable or contain debug logs (Browser F12 console output would suffice), Simply because I can't work on "it doesn't work" as a bug report.

However: With the new update also comes a significantly expanded database. Keep posted!

The combination of this means three things:

1. Fixing current bugs is often not possible
  2. They might already be fixed in the complete rewrite
  3. Even if said bugs are still in the new version, I can't work on bugs without any information byond "doesn't work", if I can not reproduce it.

Sign in to post a reply.