Eza's Gallery Swallower

Turn a page of thumbnails into high-res images

< Feedback on Eza's Gallery Swallower

Review: OK - script works, but has bugs

§
Posted: 2022-08-03

The script breaks with video links on rule34.xxx, probably because video links are found under uswebm.rule34.xxx, instead of us.rule34.xxx like this script searches for. I was able to get videos to work by changing around the replace expression, but then images stop working. I'm not familiar enough with Javascript and whatever regex magic goes on in URLs to know how to make a conditional statement that detects whether the thumbnail goes to a video or an image.

§
Posted: 2022-08-06

can u teach me how to use it?

EzaliasAuthor
§
Posted: 2022-08-07

Apparently the key term is "positive lookahead." Which still required an extra `Array.map` pass, to continue using `typical_item`. There was no difference in image and video URLs. However, links to video files have a custom style, so their URLs can be changed with an empty anchor.

Thank you for the detailed report and direct fix.

§
Posted: 2022-08-15

Works like a charm.

§
Posted: 2022-08-22

Part 2: Electric Boogaloo
Videos load as black rectangles on the Favorites page. Also, some images refuse to load at all.
A final addition is that the script seems to attempt to display twice as many images as it should, but half of them don't load and remain empty. I suspect it may have something to do with the "remove" button under each image.
I have less helpful info for the videos and images. I did notice a couple videos actually link to nycdn.rule34.xxx for unknown reasons.
Apologies, this website is quite broken.

Sign in to post a reply.