Hitomi - Search & UI Tweaks

Various search filters and user experience enhancers

< Feedback on Hitomi - Search & UI Tweaks

Question/comment

§
Posted: 13.02.2023

Hello

I have a question to ask.

Is there a way for this script to search for mangas and doujins that "don't have a tag" added on the Hitomi.la website?

brazenvoidAuthor
§
Posted: 13.02.2023

No, not currently. I mean it can be made but it serves a small niche, I would rather have someone who really needs it make it themselves. I understand the urge to have such function though, haha.

§
Posted: 14.02.2023
Edited: 14.02.2023

No, not currently. I mean it can be made but it serves a small niche, I would rather have someone who really needs it make it themselves. I understand the urge to have such function though, haha.

And why don't you add it?

I already entered two forums on the internet that had people with the same question, if I saw 2 people, I imagine there are many others.

Would the script to search for untagged manga and doujinshi be complicated to make?

brazenvoidAuthor
§

It won't be an optimal solution, there is no way to access the Hitomi API as its not public and the logic to make gallery items comes with the APIs.

So the solution will actually be that:

1. You will open a new window with a page on hitomi.
  2. Initiate the search through a button.
  3. The script will keep changing pages till it finds a matching gallery.
  4. Once it finds it depending on how hitomi has its security setup, it may require your action to open that gallery in a new tab or the script itself can do that.
  5. The cycle continues till it searches all the pages.
  6. In this time, the browser will be non-responsive to your commands and only clicking the stop button will break the process.
  7. To resume after stopping, you will have to refresh the page and initiate the search again.

There further complications when you think about having this process continuing with you browsing hitomi like normal elsewhere. That will necessitate that there should be a address lock and search terminate mechanism which has many cases to be handled.

brazenvoidAuthor
§

Not to mention hitomi essentially is a very slow site so searches like this on hundreds or thousands of pages will take a long time to complete. If the manual gallery opening mechanism is employed, it will essentially be unbearable.

§

Not to mention hitomi essentially is a very slow site so searches like this on hundreds or thousands of pages will take a long time to complete. If the manual gallery opening mechanism is employed, it will essentially be unbearable.

Interesting, so my question is too complicated to be solved.
Even so I thank you for your time and also for your explanation which was very good.
Congratulations on this script you created.

§

I thought of two things:

Search without tag using a specific language, English, Spanish or Portuguese, could that make it easier?

Another thing that crossed my mind, do they have a keyword to find publications without a tag?

brazenvoidAuthor
§

Its only slightly difficult for me to make it, like it may take 8-12 hours to make. Its just harder for you to use.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, what you are trying to find is something not catered for in hitomi. The site assumes and provides features for tagged galleries only. Essentially a long exhaustive search on their entire database would net you some significant number of results. Believe me, I have manually scoured their whole database for Japanese and English galleries, multiple times by now because I have a tendency to purge everything, every now and then...

§
Posted: 15.02.2023
Its only slightly difficult for me to make it, like it may take 8-12 hours to make. Its just harder for you to use.

It doesn't matter how you slice it, what you are trying to find is something not catered for in hitomi. The site assumes and provides features for tagged galleries only. Essentially a long exhaustive search on their entire database would net you some significant number of results. Believe me, I have manually scoured their whole database for Japanese and English galleries, multiple times by now because I have a tendency to purge everything, every now and then...

Thank you very much for the attention given to me and for your kindness in answering in an enlightening way.

Success in your life.

§
Posted: 15.02.2023

brazenvoid sorry to bother you again, can you tell me where I can get the API information from the Hitomi.la website?
If you have it, would you be able to share it please

Sign in to post a reply.