Sleazy Fork is available in English.

Обсуждения » Разработка

what does "You are using old-format image URLs... Please update these image references as these URLs will stop working" mean?

I got this message today at the top of the page, mentioning a bunch of my scripts.
I googled for [ "You are using old-format image URLs" greasyfork ] but got no results.
Seems there should be a page explaining this message.

wOxxOmМод
§
Создано: 14.11.2020
Отредактировано: 14.11.2020

It means you're using direct URLs to your screenshots in the description of those scripts e.g. ![image](https://greasyfork.org/system/screenshots/screenshots/000/005/436/original/list.png).

These URLs will stop working soon because the images are hosted externally.

So then the only images that are allowed are uploaded through the 'Choose Files' button?

Any image is allowed. It's just system/screenshots will stop working soon.

Oh really. thank you very much.

Is there still a way to embed images uploaded to GreasyFork? Or we need to find a place to host the images ourselves?

I recently realized that the image URLs the site uses are not permanent. I believe upgrading to Rails 6.1.0 offers a fix, and that should be out soon. I won't turn off system/screenshots until there's a way to permanently reference images you upload.

Everyone must have thought it was the expected behavior. :-D

I also found that the images expire after a while (5 minutes?), that's why I asked if there is a way to embed the uploaded images.

JasonBarnabeМод
§
Создано: 19.12.2020
Отредактировано: 19.12.2020

The URLs should be permanent now. This is a test of that.

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.