Sleazy Fork is available in English.

Literotica Downloader

Single page HTML download for Literotica with improved readability

< Обсуждения Literotica Downloader

Отзыв: Хороший — скрипт работает как нужно

i the update just released for this script but I still dont see any buttons to download stories on the author's pages. What could I be doing wrong?

I don't know.

Could you give me your navigator, the script manager (tampermonkey, greasemonkey or other), the page that have the problem ?

You could also provide me the output of the console (F12 on most navigator)

I have put the download button on works/stories page of the author on the top right of the card, next to their bookmark.

It's load 0.25 second after the page.

Yes, there is no download button to see anywhere. I'm using TM / Firefox / Brave - latest versions in Windows x64. No button next to bookmark to see or readable with element picker. The script does trigger so TM shows value 1 but that's all. In the console is nothing conspicuous to see. Maybe your download button is not working for that new JS webpage style. When you go to the author site and click then on the Works button your script does not trigger and you have to reload the webpage. I hope you can fix that problem. Otherwise you could add another download method / command to download the story I have open in browser tab. Add another menu entry under your script we can choose and then execute the download. Just in case the download button fails to show up like it is in this script version.

I had to remove the wrapping document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded" that starts on line 85 to get it to execute on Firefox. I think perhaps Tampermonkey doesn't invoke the userscript until after DOMContentLoaded has already occurred?

I had to remove the wrapping document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded" that starts on line 85 to get it to execute on Firefox. I think perhaps Tampermonkey doesn't invoke the userscript until after DOMContentLoaded has already occurred?

Does nothing for me when I disable // that line (87 in my case). No button, no download.

§
Создано: 26.04.2024
Отредактировано: 26.04.2024

Does nothing for me when I disable // that line (87 in my case). No button, no download.

Hargrimm said they removed they entire wrapping starting with line 85/87. Not just the first line. However I just tested their solution, but it didn't work on my end. No download option anywhere in the author page.

§

i'm using chrome 124 and tampermonkey. what would you like me to copy for you from my console?

FWIW I'm using Firefox nightly on mobile Android, with tampermonkey script manager added on. Version 3.0 still works on the "category" sections (for instance, if you're reading a "romance" story, and tap the link that says "romance" above the story title...the page you're taken to still has the little download arrows). Unfortunately version 4.0 isn't working on the author works pages *or* the category pages. No button to see, anywhere. Also tried switching to desktop mode, no dice. I did check that the script was running, and I reinstalled version 3.0 and double-checked that it still worked. It does. No idea what the issue could be, just letting you know. Thanks for working on this!

§

Have you guys tried reloading the page? The buttons appeared for me when I did that. Only individual chapter buttons work though, the button for the whole thing doesn't.

Firefox 125.0.2 Greasemonkey

§

Doesn't work for me either, on Brave. No buttons anywhere. (And yes, obviously I tried reloading the page!)

Got this to work for individual chapters, by deleting the wrapper as Hargrimm suggested. The button also appears for entire stories but does nothing.

Yes, I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) reloading the page was tried by everyone. Personally I tried reloading the page, clearing the browser cache and restarting it, uninstalling and reinstalling version 4.0, and reloading the page again. Then I checked multiple author pages, category pages, and the toplist pages. Also desktop mode on all of the above. Unfortunately nothing worked, and equally unfortunately I haven't the foggiest idea what could be wrong. Glad version 3.0 still kinda works tho, and very glad this script hasn't been abandoned!

Yes, I'm pretty sure (or at least I hope) reloading the page was tried by everyone. Personally I tried reloading the page, clearing the browser cache and restarting it, uninstalling and reinstalling version 4.0, and reloading the page again. Then I checked multiple author pages, category pages, and the toplist pages. Also desktop mode on all of the above. Unfortunately nothing worked, and equally unfortunately I haven't the foggiest idea what could be wrong. Glad version 3.0 still kinda works tho, and very glad this script hasn't been abandoned!

are you saying if I uninstall and downgrade to the 3.0 version the script will work?

Got this to work for individual chapters, by deleting the wrapper as Hargrimm suggested. The button also appears for entire stories but does nothing.

are you on chrome?? does this apply to the chrome version?

No button for me either.

§
Создано: 27.04.2024
Отредактировано: 27.04.2024

No button for me either.

Correction, the buttons do show up if I keep hitting F5 over and over and over on the author page, but only the individual buttons work, the all-in-one button simply doesn't do anything, no matter how many times I click on it.

Browser is Firefox 125.0.2 (64-bit), and I'm using ViolentMonkey, I tried it on Brave browser (Chromium) and the result was the same.

are you saying if I uninstall and downgrade to the 3.0 version the script will work?

Sorry, no. In my previous comments I mentioned that version 3.0 still worked for the "category" pages you get if you're reading a story and tap the category link above the story title. (So romance for romance stories, mature for mature stories, etc) The category pages I'm talking about have a section of recent stories, a section of "random" stories, and a section of "hall of fame" stories. Literotica hasn't changed the design of those pages (yet) so 3.0 still works on them. Also, there's a "recently popular" section on the right side of those category pages, and you can tap "more popular romance" (or whatever category you're looking at obviously) and get a section of "stories posted today, the last 7 days, and the last 30 days" those stories all have the little download button arrow next to them, and they download successfully for me. Version 4.0 just doesn't work for me at all. So some functionality is better than none. Right now I'm just monitoring my fave authors and downloading their new releases while they're still on that "new releases" page. It's a PITA, but it's working right now.

§
Создано: 27.04.2024
Отредактировано: 27.04.2024

Sorry, no. In my previous comments I mentioned that version 3.0 still worked for the "category" pages you get if you're reading a story and tap the category link above the story title. (So romance for romance stories, mature for mature stories, etc) The category pages I'm talking about have a section of recent stories, a section of "random" stories, and a section of "hall of fame" stories. Literotica hasn't changed the design of those pages (yet) so 3.0 still works on them. Also, there's a "recently popular" section on the right side of those category pages, and you can tap "more popular romance" (or whatever category you're looking at obviously) and get a section of "stories posted today, the last 7 days, and the last 30 days" those stories all have the little download button arrow next to them, and they download successfully for me. Version 4.0 just doesn't work for me at all. So some functionality is better than none. Right now I'm just monitoring my fave authors and downloading their new releases while they're still on that "new releases" page. It's a PITA, but it's working right now.

I switched to using jdownloader2: https://jdownloader.org/download/index

Just create a linkgrabber-filter that says:
Download URL - Contains Not - https://www.literotica.com/s/*

This allows me to download all stories from the author page.

I wanted to add edit my previous comment to add this, but there is no edit option:

This bash function makes the story page more readable

literotica-fix-layout () {
    detox ./*
    sed -i '1i\<body style="background-color:#333333; color: #EEEEEE; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width: 45%; margin: 0 auto; line-height: 1.2em; font-size:1.1em; padding: 50px 0 50px 0;">' ./*
}

I wanted to add edit my previous comment to add this, but there is no edit option:

detox ./*
    sed -i '1i\<body style="background-color:#333333; color: #EEEEEE; font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width: 45%; margin: 0 auto; line-height: 1.2em; font-size:1.1em; padding: 50px 0 50px 0;">' ./*
}

where do I add that? I'm not very educated in terms of coding, I'd appreciate any help you could provide my laymen self with this.

§
Создано: 28.04.2024
Отредактировано: 28.04.2024

detox ./*
}

where do I add that? I'm not very educated in terms of coding, I'd appreciate any help you could provide my laymen self with this.

It's a Linux terminal bash function (a combination of commands), that you add to the end of the configuration file called ".bashrc", so that you can type in "literotica-fix-layout" in the terminal, and it fixes the layout of all the files in that folder you're in.

If you're using Windows 10/11, you can install Linux Mint in VirtualBox and then follow the steps above.

JDownloader works in Windows and Linux, but then you would have to copy the html stories to a linux computer or virtual machine to run the bash function I posted.

If you don't want to create a linux VM, you can just install windows subsystem for linux, which basically gives you a Bash terminal in Windows: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install

I don't know.

Could you give me your navigator, the script manager (tampermonkey, greasemonkey or other), the page that have the problem ?

I have put the download button on works/stories page of the author on the top right of the card, next to their bookmark.

Hi, to anyone reading this. You can fix the buttons not loading by changing

document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() {
'use strict';
setTimeout(function() {

into:

window.addEventListener("load", function() {
'use strict';
setTimeout(function() {

The pages will load the script consistently every time from what I've tested

NOW, there's still the problem with some series button not doing anything as reported in another feedback here: https://sleazyfork.org/en/scripts/423700-literotica-downloader/discussions/241304

I'm still trying to fix this issue on my end, if I find a fix, I'll post it here and hopefully the author can push a patch.

I don't know.

Hi, to anyone reading this. You can fix the buttons not loading by changing

'use strict';
setTimeout(function() {

into:

'use strict';
setTimeout(function() {

NOW, there's still the problem with some series button not doing anything as reported in another feedback here: https://sleazyfork.org/en/scripts/423700-literotica-downloader/discussions/241304

I'm still trying to fix this issue on my end, if I find a fix, I'll post it here and hopefully the author can push a patch.

DUDE BRO DUDE! It works! I want to make sure everyone knows that on Chrome, this works. BE SURE TO LOOK ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE OF THE PAGE FOR THE SMALL DOWNLOAD BUTTON!! It is no longer on the left hand side by the title of the story, it is now right next to the bookmark icon for the story. I even experimented on the series download, and for the few I tried, it did work for me! Mr. i23234234 You are flippin awesome!

Read through the entire thread for the fix.
"Hi, to anyone reading this. You can fix the buttons not loading by changing

'use strict';
setTimeout(function() {

into:

'use strict';
setTimeout(function() {

NOW, there's still the problem with some series button not doing anything as reported in another feedback here: https://sleazyfork.org/en/scripts/423700-literotica-downloader/discussions/241304"

thanks to the script original writer and i23234234

I found another issues while trying to fix the pre-existing SERIES download issue. It seems to be related to long series and how the new UI works.

Essentially long series have a "View Full Series" at the bottom as you can see from the annexed image, the cutoff is 24/25, YOU NEED to click that button or the SERIES downloads WON'T include every single chapter, and I've tested a series with 88 and all chapters are visible when you click, so don't worry about long series having a cutoff point even when you click view full.

Now, the main problem with series still remain, the way the script works, it's pulling from CSS elements, and it requires that the URL include the series name like below

https://www.literotica.com/series/se/guardian-program works, the title is in the link
https://www.literotica.com/series/se/493719413 doesn't work, the title of the series is Step Sister Corruption

The problem is in this code:

const titlesChapter = document.querySelectorAll('._series_parts__item__series_part_card_29o2p_264 ._works_item__title_29o2p_36 ._item_title_29o2p_162 ');

So, whomever has an idea on how to fix this, that would be nice.

ALSO, don't use COMBINED series UI, it won't work. It'll download an empty HTML file, because this script relies on CSS elements, which I guess change when you use the COMBINED view instead of the EXPANDED (this isn't related to the View Full Series button thing I described above, but it's the same issue overall).

I found another issues while trying to fix the pre-existing SERIES download issue. It seems to be related to long series and how the new UI works.

The problem is that it's use only what is already loaded on the page.
One work around is to manualy clic on the extension on it before downloading the serie.

I will add an automatic version of that latter on.

By the way, I added your fix for the loading problem. (you are credited ofcourse)

§
Создано: 28.04.2024
Отредактировано: 28.04.2024

One work around is to manualy clic on the extension on it before downloading the serie.

By the way, I added your fix for the loading problem. (you are credited ofcourse)

I seem to have resolved the issue with the SERIES button not working for URLS that don't include the title name.

I.E
https://www.literotica.com/series/se/guardian-program works, the title is in the link
https://www.literotica.com/series/se/493719413 doesn't work, the title of the series is Step Sister Corruption

The code change is as follows:

function getDescriptionFormDiv(storyDiv){
return storyDiv.querySelectorAll('._item_description_29o2p_176,._item_title_29o2p_162')[0].textContent;
}

Replaced with (Ghetto fix):

function getDescriptionFormDiv(storyDiv) {
const descriptionElement = storyDiv.querySelector('.ANYTHING');
return descriptionElement ? descriptionElement.textContent.trim() : '';
}

I'm not sure if it broke any other behavior, but I've tested it with multiple series and it seems to work regardless if the URL has the title or a random ID, and the HTML files contain all chapters (from what I've tested.)

If it didn't introduce any other issues, then all that remains is the collapsed chapters issue, but that's easy to workaround like you said.

I seem to have resolved the issue with the SERIES button not working for URLS that don't include the title name.

I.E

The code change is as follows:

function getDescriptionFormDiv(storyDiv){
return storyDiv.querySelectorAll('._item_description_29o2p_176,._item_title_29o2p_162')[0].textContent;
}

Replaced with (Ghetto fix):

function getDescriptionFormDiv(storyDiv) {
const descriptionElement = storyDiv.querySelector('.ANYTHING');
return descriptionElement ? descriptionElement.textContent.trim() : '';
}

I'm not sure if it broke any other behavior, but I've tested it with multiple series and it seems to work regardless if the URL has the title or a random ID, and the HTML files contain all chapters (from what I've tested.)

If it didn't introduce any other issues, then all that remains is the collapsed chapters issue, but that's easy to workaround like you said.

Nvm, I didn't notice it was fixed.

Thanks for the update! Seems to work now to get those download buttons to see and it works to download the stories. Only issue I see is that the descriptions info isn't added into the story header as before when I download the story from the author stories page. In this case the story title is used twice in the created HTML file. When I download the story from category list (literotica.com/c/*) then it will use the description info in created HTML file.

Also see that the download isn't working for all URLs like Tags (tags.literotica.com/*) and also category URL is not working when I use a specific language (did include URLs in TM) in the URL before the Tag or C like these (german.tags.literotica.com/*) or (german.literotica.com/c/*). I see the download button but it does nothing when I click on it. I get some error info in console about...
Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://www.literotica.com/s/eva-10-josephine' from origin 'https://german.literotica.com' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header is present on the requested resource.
GET https://www.literotica.com/s/eva-10-josephine net::ERR_FAILED

Can you check this again to make it work?

I'm pretty sure 3.0 didn't work with tags, or the category pages, either, but it would be stupid awesome if it could be made to work that way. Either way, 4.4 is working properly on author pages again (sometimes have to refresh the page after opening it, but that's perfectly fine with me!) and I'm friggin ecstatic! Thanks!

§
Создано: 29.04.2024
Отредактировано: 29.04.2024

Just noticed, the downloads now have a space between the story name, and the underscore before the author name. So "Toofy_shakna" is now "Toofy _shakna". Not a big deal, but makes it possible to download a series twice without realizing it. Just letting you know.

(Great story, BTW if you don't mind catgirls and such. Good author either way)
Update: just checked, and it isn't *every* story. Not sure what's going on. It definitely did it with "my sister's a werewolf" by shakna, tho.
2nd update: it's *series* that have the issue, it looks like. Single stories still have no space between title and underscore.

I made some tests...I added those includes below...

https://literotica.com/c/*
https://www.literotica.com/c/*
https://*.literotica.com/c/*
https://*.*.literotica.com/c/*
https://tags.literotica.com/*
https://www.tags.literotica.com/*
https://*.tags.literotica.com/*
https://literotica.com/authors/**/works/stories*
https://www.literotica.com/authors/**/works/stories*

Now I checked the sites below...

https://www.literotica.com/c/bdsm-stories DL button YES || works YES
https://literotica.com/c/bdsm-stories DL button YES || works NO
https://german.literotica.com/c/bdsm-stories DL button YES || works NO
https://tags.literotica.com/bikini/ DL button YES || works NO
https://www.tags.literotica.com/bikini/ Not Found
https://german.tags.literotica.com/bikini/ DL button YES || works NO

NO DL Button anywhere to see
https://www.literotica.com/authors/Flybynite1892/works/stories

...and only the first one works to download anything and for all others where the download button is there I get that CROSS Error. I was also checking the old script version I used before a long time (version 2.5) and this script is using $.ajax function with the parameter "crossDomain: true,". In your latest script version you are using "XMLHttpRequest" method inside of function getContentOfStoie(baseURL) and this fails always with that CROSS error. Browser does reject it. So I'm not good in JS but tried adding a any request parameter...

xhr.setRequestHeader('Access-Control-Allow-Origin', '*');

...but it does not work. So I hope that you can check this CROSS error problem and fix it. Otherwise you should use that old script ajax function method with crossDomain: true parameter to prevent that CROSS errors.

I swear to god, I am on the website today, and I can not get the damn things to load AGAIN. I am on 4.4 using all the updates and the icon is gone. I am so pissed. Did they just make more fucking changes? I downgraded one by one back to 4.0 and implimented the fix by 123232 guy, and it doesn't work any longer. I have reinstalled 4.4 and I guess I will just wait like a doughnut until someone can fix it again for me. lol I'm so hopeless

Actually - Correction. I can get the download button to appear on the main website page i.e. "https://www.literotica.com/c/taboo-sex-stories" it appears next to the individual stories there, but does not appear on the author's webpages listing the series or individuals.

My situation is the exact same as the guy above. 4.0 semi-worked for individual chapters but not whole series but now 4.4 only shows links on the main page.

§
Создано: 30.04.2024
Отредактировано: 30.04.2024

ditto - the tags page also shows the icon but not the author pages. (version 4.4, firefox greasemonkey)

Saw that the guy above me is using the same browser and "monkey" so I tried the script on ViolentMonkey. Nope.

I found a way to bypass that CROSS Error by using a extension called "CORS Unblock" for Chrome browsers. Now the download works when I do enable that extension (just for the download only). That's a small workaround you & me can use if you have same trouble and not just using the English language.

Next problem I found is that the download of all pages of a story also not works in case of different URLs (language again like german.tags.) so then it will just download the first page and all other pages fail 404 because of getContentOfStoie function what just checks for...

if(linkNextPage.startsWith("https://tags.literotica.com")){
linkNextPage =linkNextPage.replace("https://tags.literotica.com",PREFIX_URL_PAGE)
}

...tags.literotica only but if you use a other language like "german.tags.literotica" then it fails for next pages to download.
@LiteroticaMaintener - I would really suggest to keep that in mind for your next comming updates to be sure that users can also use any language term in the URLs itself before the tags or anything else you know.

I also see that the download button is gone from some pages like those of the authors which was to see few days ago. Anyway, just try to update your script @LiteroticaMaintener and try to make it work more dynamically (support languages in URLs / add alternativ download in menu / fix that CROSS issue in script) so that we can use that script go on as before all the time. I also don't like to download stories via copy / paste and the literotica guys aren't so friendly enough to provide a own download function to download any story the user (you & me) want like you can do on some tube sites. I really hate those websites who are willing to get everything from us but NOT willing to share it with US back.

This (v4.4) is still not working for me.

Yeah, still not working right. Darn it. Idk what they changed, but it worked properly for maybe a day or so, and then it was back to only working on the category pages with the hall of fame section and random story sections. Still there.

After something like 14 years Literotica decides to update their damn site and I can't think of a single person that was asking for that to be done lol. Don't give up @LiteroticaMaintener - I love your script and I have faith in your abilities to master that website's bullshit. I'll be over here cheering you on, just don't let the man win by giving up!

@TankThis Thanks for the testing I reused your post to check the new behavior.

@Travibe Had a buzy life... Manor Lord game got early access !

@myob / @SatyrNymph / @Vulture051 / @ineffectual / @Travibe Should work now. If not give the page that doesn't.

Working great now! Thanks!

§
Создано: 05.05.2024
Отредактировано: 05.05.2024

Greasemonkey Latest Firefox
The button exists now and downloads something when clicked but it doesn't grab all the chapters and it's a wall of unformatted text.
For example: https://www.literotica.com/authors/Lightning454572/works/stories Stepsister Corruption is 15 chapters but missing the last 2
https://www.literotica.com/authors/TheBoredandtheTempted/works/stories Monster In My Phone is 3 chapters and missing the last.

and this is what they all look like https://imgur.com/a/sLQsaBB

@LiteroticaMaintener Thank you for your efforts to adapt the script to the new website structure. This is great!

@All: It might be helpful if we help and clearly communicate,
A) environment was used,
B) page type was loaded from (Author Page, Category Page, Tag Results Page, Serch Results Page)
C) if this was not successful AND perhaps from which page it may have been successful.

For me:
A) Firefox Android, Violentmonkey AND Firefox Windows, Greasemonkey (both results are identical)
B) Author Page
C) WORKS here for 1 to 50 stories on the author page (in a quick try out).
But on pages with more than 50 stories, you have the option of selecting “Show more” at the bottom. THEN all download buttons have disappeared.
(Could there be an additional feature in the script options to display all stories at once?)

---
BTW 1: Part count are missing: Is it possible again to append the number of parts to the file name when downloading multi-part stories (ex. "- 12 Part Series") ?

---
BTW 2: The script does not work immediately under Firefox Windows and Firefox Android if you use a link to an author whose name contains spaces.
Workaround: Reload the webpage once.

@Vulture051 I fixed the format. I look for the rest.

@Vulture051 The API doesn't give the right information on the series when based on the first chapter of a series.

Of course, the endpoint for the series doesn't give the chapter properly too.

So, I base the data of the last chapter.

@0yhgfehs : Handled the show more to add the button when clicked.

@0yhgfehs
BTW 1: Part count are missing: Is it possible again to append the number of parts to the file name when downloading multi-part stories (ex. "- 12 Part Series") ?

Not sure of what you want. Could you give an example ?
With current behavior and desired behavior.

That will not for today, but I may look into it later.

All the chapters, paragraphs, italics/bolding. As far as I can tell, that seems to have done it. 👍

Thank you very much for the updates @LiteroticaMaintener. All seems to work fine again (Yet). Just have a little idea about the export style parameters you do use in your script (normal & night mode). So I always edit the script manually every time to enter my desired colors / fontsize to make it look like in ReaderView. Maybe you could add some user styles we can choose when saving a story. So my prefered style is this...

'fontsize': "18" <-- set 18 in options

Are already set fine with 1.4 & 1.2
var chapterStyle = '_style="line-height: 1.4em;" ';
var descriptionStyle = ' style="line-height: 1.2em;" ';

"background-color:#F4ECD8; color: #5B4636;" <---- SEPIA
"font-family: Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; width: 90%; margin: 0 auto; line-height: 1.5em;" <-- set width to 90% instead of 50%
"font-size:"+options.fontsize+"px; padding: 50px 0 50px 0;"; <--- set em to px

...I always use to save stories. Looks good and I got a nice reading like in ReaderView. So it's just a idea to add possible user prefered styles like mine into the script options the user can choose / set you know.

@0yhgfehs

Not sure of what you want. Could you give an example ?
With current behavior and desired behavior.

That will not for today, but I may look into it later.

It's a simple variable that's missing since the new script version 4.x and 5.x:

Comparison of the generated file name between script version 3.0 and script version 5.4:
3.0: "StoryName - AutorName - 12 Part Series.html"
5.4: "StoryName - AutorName.html"

"alert("Starting building file for " + title + " of " + author + " with "+numberChapter+".\nPlease wait...");
The var numberChapter is in the user dialog fine but missing in the creation of the file name.

Still doesn't work on Brave. No buttons.

Still doesn't work on Brave. No buttons.

Sorry, I take that back. Seems to be working after all on Brave. Not sure what I did. Was trying on author's "/works" page. Tried multiple reloads of browser, closing down and restarting etc and nothing worked. But then I noticed people saying it worked in tag categories, so tried that and the button appeared. Now it appears for individual authors too. Not sure if this is coincidence or if going to tags helped.

Ответить

Войдите, чтобы ответить.