PH - Search & UI Tweaks

Various search filters and user experience enhancers

< Feedback on PH - Search & UI Tweaks

Soru/yorum

§
Gönderildi: 02.12.2023

HI. The script works perfectly. I just have a problem viewing playlists.
The playlist is loaded little by little and as you go down more videos are loaded. But using the function to hide videos already seen, this does not happen if I have already seen all the videos of the first one uploaded (or subsequent ones) because it hides them from me
and if I don't have at least one video available it doesn't load the next ones, so if there is some video further down that hasn't been seen yet it isn't loaded.
What I do every time, show the videos already seen, scroll through the entire playlist and when I get to the end I activate the function to hide the videos already seen, this way all the unseen ones remain. Is it possible to make something scroll even if there is no video visible?

brazenvoidSahip
§

I know this issue, I'll try to add a workaround.

brazenvoidSahip
§

Well unfortunately it isn't possible to fix it in a normal way.

The site calculates the scroll manually and it can't be disabled. Meaning there has to be items till second row and a scroll towards the bottom for it to work.

I think at best what can happen is that I disable the script on playlists, force a scroll to the bottom which will force a load, scroll to the top and load the script. Only a rendition of such shenanigans can make it work.

brazenvoidSahip
§
Düzenlendi: 02.12.2023

Well there is actually a workaround, that I use to circumvent this. Press F12 to open dev tools and enlarge it to cover half the screen, then scroll down and the loading will happen. You can close the tools after the first load, all subsequent loads will work with normal scrolling.

The dev tools window collapses the page height that you can't do while being in the page. Thus fudging their scroll position calculation in code...

§

Thanks for the reply. The solution you suggested works great.
regarding the script, isn't it possible to keep at least one element (real or fictitious) as a placeholder hidden while you scroll... that is, it's there but you can't see it? or if you see it then delete it, use a placeholder in practice that you will have to scroll through somehow

the style display:hidden or something like that?

brazenvoidSahip
§

Well it doesn't matter whether the script UI is hidden or not. The mechanism of making the script not work based off playlists will be transparent.

I only have the issue with making the page go up and down would present a particularly startling behaviour for most users. They won't care to read about it on my script page too.

Rather I think its better to have the script disabled on the playlist page by default and introduce an option in the script UI with the quirks mentioned in the tip.

§

I badly explained myself. I wasn't referring to the UI of the script but actually on the page itself.
I had imagined a video card set in display:hidden style (maybe resized so it doesn't change the user experience). that is, something that tells the site that it can scroll.
so it hides all the cards with the "viewed" class for example, but in the meantime at least one video card remains invisible(and/or resized).
as if it were a persistent end stop and then maybe when it reaches the end it switches to display:none.
OK, I'll use your suggestion

brazenvoidSahip
§

Ah a helpful dialogue is what you are hinting at haha. Either way too much work. The script is already too old, my newer scripts or on a better codebase and I am just trying to not make changes that impact the base libraries.

Perhaps if I remember about it in a few days I may take a jab at it.

Cevap paylaş

Yanıt göndermek için oturum açın.