Handy Image

Shows just fullsize Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites

< Feedback on Handy Image

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2014-10-17
Edited: 2014-10-18

How do the fit to window settings work?

I've tried seemingly every combination of them but they don't seem to do anything. I'm trying to just force large images to fit width to the browser. I'm using the below code in the custom javascript box as a workaround.

function addGlobalStyle(css) {
var head, style;
head = document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0];
if (!head) { return; }
style = document.createElement('style');
style.type = 'text/css';
style.innerHTML = css;
head.appendChild(style);
}
addGlobalStyle('body{background-image:url("chrome://global/skin/media/imagedoc-darknoise.png");}');
addGlobalStyle('body>img:only-of-type{margin:8px auto!important;max-width:100%;}');

Handy Image 2014.09.18, Firefox 33, Greasemonkey 2014.10.16.nightly, Windows 7x64

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-10-17

what happens if you just select "Larger than window either vertically or horizontally" option and try to open a big image? example link?

§
Posted: 2014-10-18
Edited: 2014-10-18

I've figured out the settings. It simply decides whether the zoom you get from the mouse-click is active or not when the page is loaded. Since I scroll vertically, I would rather have large images click-zoomed, but limited to the page width via css. The javascript code I use will be enough for me.

Your current settings make it difficult to see tall images, because they get shrunk down significantly. Here's a sample image. With the option you mentioned enabled, the default zoom is too small, but when you click-zoom the image is so big that you need to scroll around to see it. If you set max-width, then the image can be scrolled vertically.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-10-18

example image is fit to the screen (1920x1200) because it is both bigger than window in height and width, so not fit image would hide some parts of it from you unless you scroll both left, right, top, and bottom directions one after one.
Standart setting is to fit images both bigger than screen in width and height. but if image was just bigger in height than screen it would be left fullsized because one-side direction scroll would be enough to see it all.

Sign in to post a reply.