Discussions » Greasy Fork Feedback

Script versions

§
Posted: 2014-03-10
Edited: 2014-05-23

Script versions

Jason,
right now, all i can see anywhere is the last updated time but the only way i can find a version number is if i click Install. So, i have to open addons manager to see which version i have and compare its number to the the one shown in the Install dialog.
For instance, this GF script. I see 'last updated 10 hrs ago' which doesn't tell me much because, i don't remember how many hours ago i installed the last update. If you click Versions link, once again all you see is time.
Is there any way you could add versions number somewhere?
And, as you know, all time links still try to install the same - last - version so there's no way to go back if you'd choose to.
TIA!

§
Posted: 2014-03-10

Thank you!

§
Posted: 2014-03-11
Edited: 2014-03-11

Looks like Scriptish doesn't generate _downloadURL property in addon object even if the script has @downloadURL metadata, which is required as update if the script doesn't have @updateURL metadata.

Try installing this user script
https://gist.githubusercontent.com/LouCypher/bc9375f489830b76a9f8/raw/downloadURL.user.js

// ==UserScript==
// @id              downloadurl-test@userscript
// @name            downloadURL test
// @namespace       userscript
// @description     Testing @downloadURL
// @version         1.0
// @downloadURL     https://gist.githubusercontent.com/LouCypher/bc9375f489830b76a9f8/raw/downloadURL.user.js
// @include         *
// @grant           none
// ==/UserScript==

Then run this code with Scratchpad in browser environment or with Custom Buttons.

(function() {
  var scriptId;
  if ("Scriptish" in window)         // Scriptish
    scriptId = "downloadurl-test@userscript";
  else if ("GM_BrowserUI" in window) // Greasemonkey
    scriptId = "userscript/downloadURL test@greasespot.net";

AddonManager.getAddonByID(scriptId, function(addon) {
    alert("_script" in addon ? addon._script._downloadURL : addon._downloadURL);
  })
})()

If you're using Scriptish, it always returns null.

If you have DOMI, you can inspect its addon object with this code

(function() {
  var scriptId;
  if ("Scriptish" in window)         // Scriptish
    scriptId = "downloadurl-test@userscript";
  else if ("GM_BrowserUI" in window) // Greasemonkey
    scriptId = "userscript/downloadURL test@greasespot.net";

AddonManager.getAddonByID(scriptId, inspectObject)
})()
§
Posted: 2014-03-12

Uhmmm .... are you talking to me?! I mean, seriously, are you talking to me? ...

§
Posted: 2014-03-12

OK, since i have no idea what any of the above means and i'm not going to open yet another account somewhere just to post the issue for Scriptish. I guess i will have to check gf.o for updates and do it manually.
Good luck to the rest of users!

§
Posted: 2014-03-13
Edited: 2014-03-13

NM

§
Posted: 2014-03-14
Edited: 2014-03-14

:eyes:

… i'm not going to open yet another account somewhere just to post the issue for Scriptish.

:tongue:You can use emoji on GitHub :smirk:

§
Posted: 2014-03-14
Edited: 2014-03-14

It's very seductive, LouC, but i'll skip it. I think there people much more qualified than me to talk about the issue. You know who you're

Sign in to post a reply.