Handy Image

Shows just fullsize Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites

< Feedback on Handy Image

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2017-11-19

ImageTwist.com appears not to work as intended with Handy Image v2017.11.16

The previous version of Handy Image v2017.09.11 was working without any problem with ImageTwist.com, but with the installation of v2017.11.16, pop-ups and ads were displayed when browsing on ImageTwist.com

Test image at http://imagetwist.com/bpvhkwirxqoa/PopAd.png

We appreciate this absolutely outstanding script which makes browsing the way it ought to be.

We have the utmost respect for the developer Owyn.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-11-19

Works fine for me, try disabling other scripts\extensions and check again

§
Posted: 2017-11-21
Edited: 2017-11-21

I renamed the directory \Data\profile located in Firefox's directory to _profile so as to prevent Firefox's next execution from being pre-populated with all the my settings, i.e., equivalent to Firefox running from a fresh install.

Then I only installed TamperMonkey and the Handy Image v2017.11.16 script. I encountered the same problem outlined in my first post.

However, when I installed the latest update of Handy Image, i.e., 2017.11.19, the problem regarding ImageTwist was resolved.

I then deleted the profile directory.

The previously renamed the directory _profile was renamed back to its original name, which had Handy Image v2017.11.16. A quick test with ImageTwist indicated pop-ups and ads were displayed (as expected). An update to Handy Image v2017.11.19 was performed. Then a quick test with ImageTwist. Pop-ups blocked and ads not shown.

Problem resolved with Handy Image v2017.11.19. Don't know how or why, but it does.

Thanks Owyn for your quick response, and continued support for this excellent script.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2017-11-21
Edited: 2017-11-21

Maybe it was because of TamperMonkey instead of Greasemonkey, especially if it was stable version and not beta, I tested Tamper beta with Chrome and it worked fine there

btw, you can just launch FF via firefox.exe -p to get profiles window and run it in a clean temp profile as if it was just installed without changing your current profile

§
Posted: 2017-11-22

Sounds to me like it's exactly the same problem I had with HandyImage v16.11 being incompatible with FF versions older than 52. Subsequently solved in v19.11

Sign in to post a reply.