These are the requirements for scripts posted to Sleazy Fork. These are intended to keep Sleazy Fork a safe and useful place for user scripts. Any script falling outside these requirements may be deleted by Sleazy Fork moderators.
- Scripts must include a description of what they do and may not do things unreasonably outside of this description. Users must know what a script will do before installing it.
- Scripts must have a reason to be a script. For example, a script that just directs a user to a website doesn't need to be a script; it could be a link. Scripts that use a web service to perform an action on the current page (e.g. to convert it in some way) are allowed.
- Scripts must not require users to perform an unrelated action, such as sending a payment, subscribing to a channel, joining a group, or liking a page, for the script to be functional, in full or partially.
- Scripts that contain features for the benefit of the author rather than the user (such as tracking, ads, and miners) are allowed, but these must be disclosed with
- Code posted to Sleazy Fork must not be obfuscated or minified. Users must be given the opportunity to inspect and understand a script before installing it. If the script is bundled by a tool such as webpack, it must be output in non-minified form.
- Libraries that a script uses should be
@require-d, unless there's a valid technical reason not to do so. In the case that a library is included inline, it must include information as to the source of the library (e.g. a comment indicating URL and/or name and version).
- Scripts must not check for updates at a rate higher than once per day. Note that most user script managers will handle automatic updates, so doing it in the script is unnecessary. Scripts should also not dynamically inject another Sleazy Fork-hosted script into a page, as this bypasses caching in user script managers.
- Your script must respect others' copyrights. This includes the code itself and any resources (for example images) it uses. If you intend on using someone else's content, abide by their licensing terms or get their permission before doing so.
- Even in cases not violating the copyright rule, reposts of scripts that are already on Sleazy Fork are not allowed unless they are improving upon the original.
- Scripts must not include
@matches, or keywords for sites they do not provide functionality on.
If you notice a script that falls outside of these parameters, please report it by going to the Feedback link for that script and choosing the "Report script" option.