Handy Image

Shows just fullsize Image with hotkeys & without pop-ups on many image-hosting sites

< Feedback on Handy Image

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2014-06-01

imagebam.com problem

When I try to view pics hosted on imagebam.com instead of displaying the image it brings up a save dialog to download the pic.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Here is an example pic to test
http://www.imagebam.com/image/99aabb330238874

§
Posted: 2014-06-02

Worked for me.
My main problem is that Imgchili still links to its photos, but you can't save them, it downloads the hotlink.png image instead.
That and Flickr- with the new layout, I'd like to be able to go straight to the image when I access the prompt for the original size, rather than link straight to the image when clicking the thumbnail in the Flickr user gallery.

§
Posted: 2014-06-03

Hmm, seems like it's some sort of bug with Firefox and incorrectly handled server MIME types or something like that.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-06-22

It happens only if you try to open image directly (via such option in the userscript) or by yourself anyhow

§
Posted: 2014-07-12
It happens only if you try to open image directly (via such option in the userscript) or by yourself anyhow

If I turn the script off then the page and the image embedded in the page load properly.

OwynAuthor
§
Posted: 2014-07-12
Edited: 2014-07-12
If I turn the script off then the page and the image embedded in the page load properly.

exactly, because it doesn't open image directly that way and only loads a page with embeded image.

§
Posted: 2014-09-30

This has been annoying me too. It is entirely imagebams fault for sending the incorrect MIME header of text/plain for images.

I used a firefox extension called "Mason" to change the content-type.
There's also an addon called "Force Content-Type" but it did not work reliably for me.

In Mason go through and disable all the default rules.
For jpg's create a new rule as follows:
Include URL: imagebam\.com.*jpg
Content-Type: text/plain
Function "change content type" under the config button input: image/jpeg

Do the same thing for png jpeg and gif if required.
e.g. imagebam\.com.*png and image/png

I wonder if it would be possible to modify the userscript to GM_xmlhttpRequest the images with the overrideMimeType argument, but thats probably more trouble than its worth.

OwynAuthor
§

There seems abosolutely no reason to use option "open images directly" instead of default behavior anyway, I don't even see any "worth".

wOxxOmMod
§
Edited: 2014-09-30

@a5653620, Firefox has an experimental CSS property to use EXIF-rotation: read more. As for background color outside the image you can change it in Handy Image's config dialog.

OwynAuthor
§
Edited: 2014-09-30

I browse a lot of images and only one with exif orientation was that sample posted in these discussions, for such specific cases there is an option made called "custom js action"

just write there: if(iurl =="flickr.com" || iurl == "secure.flickr.com" ){window.location.href = i.src;return false;}

and it would open all images on flickr directly as an exclusion without any complex script modifications.

§
Posted: 2014-10-04

I personally use "Open images directly" for two reasons.

1. I'm not found of centered images and I prefer them top left aligned (with a margin) like earlier Firefox versions (achievable with the "Old Default Image Style" extension).

2. I often zoom in images with ctrl+(+or-). When viewing an image directly the zoom level is not saved so the next image from the same domain will start at 100%. Without the option the zoom will be preserved per domain which is not desirable.

wOxxOmMod
§
Edited: 2014-10-04

I prefer them top left aligned (with a margin)

Possible right now, if you edit Handy Image code and remove position: absolute line along with with a nearby document.body.style.margin = "0px";. It'd be much nicer to have this configurable in the setup dialog, though, because local script edits have to be discarded on update.

Without the option the zoom will be preserved per domain which is not desirable.

Built-in zoom hotkeys and Ctrl-mousewheel for step-by-step zoom would be nice, I guess. There was a similar userscript back in the old Opera days, quite handy, with both autofit and manual zooming and custom rules if I remember correctly. Not that I miss it too much but I would have used this functionality once in a while too. Especially if it will preserve the visible center point of the image (or the point the mouse cursor is over when zooming with Ctrl-Wheel) when it zooms the image beyond the browser window, the lack of the said feature is the most irritating thing for me about built-in Firefox zooming with Ctrl-Plus/Minus/Wheel.

OwynAuthor
§
Edited: 2014-10-04

It'd be much nicer to have this configurable

that's what for there is "custom js action" option - to chane anything else you'd like.

as for zooming, I don't really see a point in partial zooming (not to original fullsize), or are you talking about zooming into pixels? far larger than original size? This feature may be made & implemented some time later, it doesn't sound bad...

§
Posted: 2015-06-12

In Mason go through and disable all the default rules.
For jpg's create a new rule as follows:
Include URL: imagebam\.com.*jpg
Content-Type: text/plain
Function "change content type" under the config button input: image/jpeg

Do the same thing for png jpeg and gif if required.
e.g. imagebam\.com.*png and image/png

Little late but, for the record, it (still) works very well with imagebam and FF34.

Thanks, zood!

Sign in to post a reply.