E-Hentai Highlighter

Highlighter for E-Hentai (e-hentai.org/exhentai.org). Supports regular expressions.

< Feedback on E-Hentai Highlighter

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2018-12-27
Edited: 2018-12-27

A few suggestions

This script makes E-Hentai much nicer, so I couldn't help but notice ways it could be even nicer-er :smile:

• Make tags on a gallery thumbnail transparent when hovering mouse over the thumbnail. When hovering over the tags themselves, make them opaque and expand them as currently happens when hovering. This would give the user the option to view the obscured part of the thumbnail without having to click through to the gallery page.

• Add support for gallery-type highlighting (doushinshi, manga, image set, etc.) With this, I could block galleries containing certain tags unless they are in the 'image set' or or 'artist cg' categories, since those often mean that the tag may be applicable only to a smaller portion of the gallery. I could also block all western galleries unless they have one of my favorite tags.

• Allow user to choose the color of tags displayed on thumbnails using the 'keywords' section. example: ":maid/blue/green" would highlight galleries with the 'maid' tag blue, and the tag on the thumbnail would be green. It would help because flags only allow 10 tags per color, and that can fill up quickly when you have to make separate entries for 'male' and 'female' variants of a tag.

• [additional note] Here is how I imagine the syntax for having no specified gallery-highlight color, but a specific tag-on-thumbnail color: :maid//red ...with the two slashes, this would result in galleries with 'maid' tag resorting to default highlight color, but the tag would still be displayed on the thumbnail in red as specified.
  • Add an option to disable default highlight color entirely. When the option is enabled and no highlight color is specified for a tag in the 'keywords' section, then don't apply any highlighting, but still display the tag on the thumbnail. With this, galleries containing only tags that I dislike could display those tags on the thumbnail without having the gallery get mixed in with highlighted ones when the 'move highlighted galleries to the top' option is enabled. With the syntax I proposed in my third feature-suggestion, these two suggestions should not interfere. ":maid//red" in this case would result in no highlighting for the gallery, but a tag-on-thumbnail color of red.

§

Thank you very much for your suggestion. If you have any questions, I advise you to contact the administrator directly( https://www.spreaker.com/user/rocketpayz ). Good luck everyone.

etc 2Author
§

Cheers for the suggestions. I'll take a look at them when I have the time, but I can't promise anything. The main issue is that I wrote the current iteration (v0.5.x) of this script 4-5 years ago, and at this point I remember basically 0% of how it works, so while fixing stuff is generally easy-ish, adding or modifying behavior can be kinda complex.

For the last suggestion you can just use "transparent" as the highlight color, it's a valid CSS color.

§
Posted: 2018-12-29

Understandable. I appreciate you even maintaining the script at all. Thanks for the tip :)

Sign in to post a reply.