Booru Downloader + Viewer

The original fullsize images downloader, and viewer for more than 20 booru imageboards

< Feedback on Booru Downloader + Viewer

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2020-01-08

Image viewer fails to start sometimes

hi, not sure if this script is still being looked at, but i've been finding the image viewer doesn't activate sometimes and i'm not sure whats causing it. the images on the right scrollbar load up, as well as the controls at the bottom of the browser, but all that appears is a wide grey vertical bar on the left side of the screen.

§
Posted: 2020-03-27

Dear Se7en:

I'm getting the same, specifically initialization fails on rule34.xxx and paheal.net. Sometimes the script will work correctly for one page, sometimes not.

Poked it a bit in relation to rule34.xxx and it seems the issue is related to the 'hostname' and 'imageHostname' as the host for rule34.xxx seems to bounce from us.rule34.xxx to cali.rule34.xxx and some others as well.

Cheers, thanks for a good script that works well in most cases.

§
Posted: 2020-04-03
Edited: 2020-04-03

I'm a pretty shit programmer and nearly have no clue on how this script works, but I managed to change something that has appeared to have fixed the issue.

1. Edit script 2. Go to line 1836 3. Change the line from tagsOrder = userOptions.val('tagsOrder') to tagsOrder = userOptions.val('tagsOrder') || userOptions.data.tagsOrder.def.split(',')

Cheers and happy me-time during the coronavirus pandemic ;)

§
Posted: 2020-07-24

in firefox with the current version of tampermonkey, the script is using an absurd amount of memory on launch
so i tried to use tampermonkey beta, and the memory problem was gone
however, i got the same issue with the viewer

apparently, for whatever reason the script is loading the configuration wrong, which results in the user options of tagsOrder and ignoredTags to be strings instead of arrays
because of that, tagsOrder is set to null at some point of the script, which causes an error as the script tries to iterate through it
and ignoredTags becomes messier every time you refresh the page
my solution was to double parse tagsOrder and ignoredTags when loading the settings

replace

if( storageObj )
storageObj = JSON.parse(storageObj);

on lines 3581 and 3582 with

if( storageObj ) {
storageObj = JSON.parse(storageObj);
let arrKeys = ['ignoredTags', 'tagsOrder']
arrKeys.forEach( (item, index) => {
if (typeof storageObj[item] === 'string' || storageObj[item] instanceof String)
{
storageObj[item] = JSON.parse(storageObj[item])
}
})
}

combine that with the solution by destructor_of_doom to reset tagsOrder to the default of:

character, copyright, artist, species, model, idol, photo_set, circle, medium, metadata, general, faults

§
Posted: 2021-03-10

Thanks a lot guys, both fixes together fixed the viewer problem!

Sign in to post a reply.