better_better_booru

Several changes to make Danbooru much better.

< Feedback on better_better_booru

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2017-08-03
Edited: 2017-08-03

Error retrieving thumbnail information.

Thanks for your great script. I love it.
But today I found it seems the show hidden posts which required a gold account function is down.
On thumbnail page the BBB said Error retrieving thumbnail information.
And on detail page the BBB said Due to a lack of provided information, this post cannot be viewed.

Maybe Danbooru update their API?

Deleted user 1152
§

Danbooru finally fixed the loopholes that made hidden posts accessible so that's the end of those options. ¯\(ツ)

§

Welp, all good things...
Anyway, can you at least keep those broken thumbnails? So that we can look up those images on gelbooru, pixiv etc.

§

Danbooru finally fixed the loopholes that made hidden posts accessible so that's the end of those options. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well just like darkchempres said, at least we know there are hidden posts so we can look them up on other site. After 7.4.1 the options are removed so I cant find them any more. But if I use 7.4 and search for loli there are still some of the post can be seen...
How about keep functions to show hidden posts(though invisible) but remove the error message lel

Deleted user 1152
§

Adding in "placeholder" options for the hidden posts should be easy enough. The 7.4.1 update was just a quick fix to get things rolling. Everything related to the hidden options is still in the script. The options have just been removed from the menu and forcibly set to false. I'll have a tinker at it after work.

Deleted user 1152
§
Posted: 2017-08-04
Edited: 2017-08-04
§
Posted: 2017-08-04
Still work to do, but you can test the current work in progress here:
https://github.com/pseudonymous/better-better-booru/raw/hidden-update-test-branch/better-better-booru.user.js

Changes so far can be viewed here:
https://github.com/pseudonymous/better-better-booru/compare/hidden-update-test-branch?expand=1

Thanks! It's exactly what I'm thinking about however I didn't have any experience about js scripts. I tried yours and it works perfectly! Thank you for your efforts.

Sign in to post a reply.