FetLife ASL Search (Reborn Edition)

Allows you to search for FetLife profiles based on age, sex, location, and role.

< Feedback on FetLife ASL Search (Reborn Edition)

Question/comment

§
Posted: 2019-07-27

No Results with Rich Queries

None of my searches are returning results. I've tried very broad search queries that would include friends I already have on fet. I properly capitalize the first letter of my city (2 million people, there should be hits) and leave the State and Country blank. I search for something generic like "s-type hetero male 22-35" or something and I get nothing. I don't know how I could possibly fuck this up but i will shoot you 100 euro if you can tell me how i am messing this up.

§

It is hard!

§

@"Laptop Gaming" said: It is hard!

What do you mean? Are you getting results?

§
Posted: 2019-08-01
Edited: 2019-08-01

I agree, doesn't work.

EDIT: Opening the search in a new window seemed to work! However I only have about 30 entries in a city with millions.

Ornias1993Author
§
Posted: 2019-10-05

Sorry for the late reply. Current version is incredebly slow due to a insanely sucky legacy backend. New version 0.6 is in the works but still takes some time to get tested and hosted.

I cant tell if your issues are due to your friends not being in the database yet, a mistake in your query or the incredibly slowness of the script.

What I can tell is: The richer the query, the more information is required to be scraped. For example: if you want to be able to search based on some parts of the location (depending on location), a profile needs to have been visited.

Some rich query reworks have been done on the upcomming version, or at least made more understandable.

I can tell for a fact that Age + Sex + european country, works.... Sadly enough North America uses a totally different way of showing location in user lists, which doesn't help.

Ornias1993Author
§
Posted: 2019-10-05

If there are any more issues, please create an issue at github. Feedback on other sites do not magically appear onto my to-do list ;)

https://github.com/Ornias1993/fetlife-aslsearch-reborn/issues

Sign in to post a reply.