Literotica Downloader

Single page HTML download for Literotica with improved readability

< Feedback on Literotica Downloader

Review: Bad - script does not work

§
Posted: 2021-04-11

Thank you for your helpful userscript in new version 2.6! Really VERY USEFUL to read coherently.
It would be great if the filename would be completed with the (current) rating, maybe even with the category.
for example instead of
"storyname - username - storydescription.html" (this I have added succesfull to your nice code in version 2.5)
as follows
"storyname - username - storydescription (4.67) Lesbian Sex.html"

In the script, you could mark that as optional code so that users could turn that ON or OFF.
For me, this only needs to be added to stories that consist of one part.

I already tried to program it myself in JavaScript, but I don't have as much knowledge as you and I failed.

§
Posted: 2021-04-11

You can not have special character in filename.
So, (4.67) isn't possible.

I feel that story description is too much for a lot of user. Unless you want do download a excessive quantity of story in one on.
And in that case, this downloader isn't the best tool.

There is archive of the site that contains more detailed and structured data.

So, I will only put the username of the author by default in the filename

Other value, will be on personal settings (-> change value to true in the script.)

§
Posted: 2021-04-13
Edited: 2021-04-13

Very, very nice. Thank you so much for your effort!
No, I'm not interested in excessive download - I only download one or two stories for myself at a time. And for this coherent reading your script is awesome!

Great is your news feature in 2.7 to switch script possibilities ON or OFF. Phantastic!

But there is one or are more faults in your script with the new version 2.7 (2.6 was fine). Version 2.7 doesn't work neither in Violentmonkey/Firefox (my favorit userscript manager) nor in Tampermonkey/Firefox. All newest versions.

If I may make a wish:
- Unless a story is saved from several parts, the user comments would be interesting for me. Could do you they be added to the end of a single chapter story save?
- Perhaps you can change the word 'Note' to 'Rating' :-)

§
Posted: 2021-04-13

The function were not compatible with Tampermonkey

Behavior is not the same in Greasemonky.

Fixed it in 2.8

Changed note in Rating.

If I had comments, it's will be turn OFF by default.

§
Posted: 2021-08-11

Thanks a lot !!!

About Literotica "Story Comments" & "Tags":
Is there any way to have COMMENTS written to a separate text/HTML file from this script, ideally with the same name but different file extension?
E.g. in the following story the 13 part is missing. You can see that on the submission page. That is ok! BUT that can only be seen from the comments to part 14. Although a 13th part was not published, still no story part is missing.

Comments and tags can always be found on the page only with the extended URL. So instead of:
/s/car-show-slut-ch-14
then
/s/car-show-slut-ch-14/comments

About the tags:
The TAGS are on the same page.

That would be great!

§
Posted: 2021-08-12

One action on a browser is suppose to trigger only one file download.

Having a comment file to download would mean, a new button or a weird behavior.

Tags could be added in the main HTML file as metadata in the header. But, for most user it's would be unusable.

I could add an option in the file generation to add tag at the beginning of the chapter and an comment at the end of the chapter.

But, this extension is not here to replace or take in charge of all that literotica offer.

§
Posted: 2021-08-19

I totally agree with you, I think it's not very helpful to put the tags in the meta section of the HTML.
Writing them directly into the HTML doesn't help either, because then it would be difficult to search only for tags.
The same applies to comments, which could also become very extensive.

Idea: How about having a second button (next to the story download button) that saves a sidecar file (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sidecar_file) with the tags and directly behind it in the same file the comments? At least looking for tags should interest a lot of users. And how other people rate/criticise a story is usually a matter of curiosity ;-)

Sign in to post a reply.