Eza's Image Glutton

Redirects to high-res images on gallery sites, skipping past descriptions and comments

< Feedback on Eza's Image Glutton

Review: Good - script works

§
Posted: 2015-06-29

Derpiboo.ru - bug

When viewing an image on derpiboo.ru, instead of loading the image in full-screen I will get one of those 'you have choosen to open/what should $browser do with with file' popups. So far this only happend on that brony website, script is running fine otherwise.

Using Pale Moon v25.5.0 (x64) with Greasemonkey 1.15.1

EzaliasAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-07-01

Thanks for the heads-up. It should work now. I was grabbing the Download link instead of the View link, and Derpibooru got better about how it handles those.

§
Posted: 2015-07-02

Hey Ezalias, thanks for the update. Though... now I'm getting the popup dialog on the main page and on /images. xD

Also would it be possible to forward to the proper (short) filename instead of the one with the tags appended? I don't even know why some of the sites are offering the files like this instead of just storing the tags in the comment field or something, most of the time there isn't even enough space for all the tags (also it looks ugly).

https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/7/1/927344.png
instead of
https://derpicdn.net/img/view/2015/7/1/927344__safe_rainbow+dash_applejack_shipping_lesbian_appledash_backwards+cutie+mark_accessory+swap_artist-colon-wicklesmack_gay+pride.png

Derpi has a VS button on each image page that links to the short filename version.

Thank you Ezalias for your great scripts, I'm using this one and Pixiv Fixiv and they are just so damn useful (especially the Pixiv one).

EzaliasAuthor
§
Posted: 2015-07-02

D'oh! That's what I get for slapdash testing.

Tags in filenames are presumably there for identification and sorting. I save images obsessively (and recommend the Firefox extension Image Toolbar), so these are sometimes useful... but their length is enough of a problem for NTFS that I'm open to your suggestion. (The fact it easily solves the main-page redirect is a minor bonus.)

My kingdom for art sites with unique filename patterns and IDs on their tags.

Anyway, thanks again for showing me where I goofed, and I'm always glad to hear somebody besides me finds this stuff useful.

Sign in to post a reply.